I can help with
I'm Maricel Velonza, 35 years old from the Philippines. I have 5 years of working experience in Dubai as a nanny and housemaid. I work with a Hungarian family. When I joined them, they only had one child who was 8 years old and after a year she gave birth, I took care of the baby when she was 3 months old. They also had pets (chihuahua, cat and Iguana). I walked the dog every morning, fed and cleaned them. I did also house chores like cleaning, washing ironing and basic cooking. I'm excited and happy to meet a new family and work for them. I will be available on December 4th.
Recommendations I can provide
I can provide a recommendation from my previous employer. My Madam and Sir are from Hungary. They have two kids, a boy and a girl, and they had a dog, cat and Iguana. I worked for them for 5 years.
Conditions and Obligations for Hiring a Nanny
- Salary and Employment Terms: Ensure that you provide fair and reasonable employment terms to your nanny. This includes a monthly salary, working hours, rest days, annual leave, sick leave, and overtime compensation as per MOM regulations.
- Accommodation: Provide suitable accommodation for your nanny, which should meet the requirements set by MOM. The living space should be clean, well-maintained, and offer adequate privacy.
- Medical and Insurance Coverage: Purchase and maintain medical insurance for your nanny, covering inpatient and outpatient treatments, as well as personal accident coverage. MOM requires a minimum coverage amount, so verify the specific requirements.
- Levies and CPF Contributions: As an employer, you are responsible for paying monthly levies to MOM. These levies are used to fund programs and services for foreign domestic workers. Additionally, you are required to make Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions for your nanny, which include employer and employee contributions.
- Settling-In Program (SIP): Enroll your nanny in the mandatory Settling-In Program (SIP), which provides essential information on living and working in UAE. The program aims to help nannies adapt to their new environment and understand their rights and responsibilities.
- Termination and Repatriation: In the event of contract termination, you are responsible for arranging your nanny’s repatriation, including covering the necessary expenses such as airfare.